Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Tony Giaccone <tg...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 20:37:05 UTC

Oddity...

New Job, new environment.

I've been handed a new laptop running Ubuntu 13 (64 bit) I've installed open jdk 7 and downloaded cayenne 3.0.2 and 3.1B2

I start the modeler at the command line.

$ java -jar CayenneModeler.jar

3.0.2 works like a charm.

3.1B2 hangs after emitting four lines.

Jul 17, 2013. org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.ModelerLogger info
INFO: Starting Cayenne Modeler.
Jul 17, 2013. org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.ModelerLogger info
INFO: JRE v.1.7.0_25 at /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre

Nothing more..

I copied those lines by hand as I'm writing this on my iPhone.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening. Or how to get more detailed info a out what is happening?

Tony

Re: Oddity...

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Hi Tony,

I just downloaded 3.1B2 on Ubuntu and Cayenne Modeler opened fine for
me.  My output was slightly different than yours, though:

Jul 20, 2013 9:41:12 AM org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.ModelerLogger info
INFO: Starting CayenneModeler.
Jul 20, 2013 9:41:18 AM org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.ModelerLogger info
INFO: JRE v.1.7.0_25 at /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/jre

mrg

Re: Oddity...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Just as an experiment, maybe try this:

1. Close all instances of the Modeler.
2. rm -rf ~/.userPrefs/org/apache/cayenne
3. Reopen the Modeler.

Andrus

Re: Oddity...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Oddity...

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I wonder if that was the result of the positioning defaults stored by the modeler when you opened it previously with a single monitor, and applied to the situation with 2 monitors.

I guess we also need to store screen parameters together with defaults, and throw away defaults if a different monitor geometry is detected. (not even sure Java would allow to do that reliably)

A.

Re: Oddity...

Posted by Tony Giaccone <tg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Oddity...