Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Srinivas Rao <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/09 12:54:48 UTC

Hi...is it commons-email.jar file is there??

Hi friends,

I am new this mailing list...i am including the email functionality in my application....so that  i searched the web...i didn't find the commons-email jar files...if u have plz forword to me...

And how to follow the execution this process....plz help me..

thanks
srinivas

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Hi...is it commons-email.jar file is there??

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 03:54 -0700, Srinivas Rao wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I am new this mailing list...i am including the email functionality in my application....so that  i searched the web...i didn't find the commons-email jar files...if u have plz forword to me...
>
> And how to follow the execution this process....plz help me..

Please note that this sort of question should be directed to the user
list ("commons-user@jakarta.apache.org") not the development list. If
you wish to post follow-ups to this email, please use the user list.

The "email" component has only recently been promoted from
"experimental" stage to an official commons project. Its webpage is
here:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/email/

For downloads, you go to
 http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/
and click on the "downloads" link on the left hand side, then on the
"commons" link. However as "email" has only recently been promoted,
there have not yet been any releases made. So for now I think you need
to download the source using "subversion" and compile it yourself.

Jakarta commons uses "Subversion" as its version control system.
See the following location in your browser to see the latest code,
or pass this URL to the subversion client app ("svn checkout ...") to
download it.
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/email/trunk

Please note that I am *not* one of the "email" project committers.

QN to the email developers: I see that the "tags" dir in svn has an
EMAIL_1_0 subdir, but there is no binary. From the email archives it
looks to me like the release vote just tailed off into nothing....
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg58587.html
Are you going to call the vote again and approve a 1.0 release sometime?

Regards,

Simon