Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/16 18:47:39 UTC

Error while extracting hadoop tar

I am getting the following error. Does this mean the tar file is corrupted? Do i need to download it again? Please advise.
$ tar xzf hadoop-1.1.2.tar.gz
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
It means the file is either truncated or not downloaded completely.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.