Posted to users@flex.apache.org by npem <ph...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/13 05:50:51 UTC

Spark DataGrid editable problem

Hi,
I have a VERY basic DataGrid as shown below.
All OK when I use the emulator (using intelliJ on a Mac)

When I run this on an iPad or an Android Phone, I cannot
edit the 2nd column at all

I can only edit row1, column1

Anyone with any thoughts on what's happening and how
I can fix this would be very appreciated?

Note: That I have a more complex project and
would like the user to be able to edit and enter data in a DataGrid,
but I have the problem outlined in this simple example:-(

Phil.

======================

I am running:
Flex: 4.15.0
AIR: 20.0.0.233

Android is running 5.0.2

=====================

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:View xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
		xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark">

    <s:Spacer height="25"/>

    <s:DataGrid id="dataGrid" editable="true" width="90%">
        <s:ArrayCollection>
            <s:DataItem name="One"   price="100"  />
            <s:DataItem name="Two"   price="200" />
            <s:DataItem name="Three" price="300" />
        </s:ArrayCollection>
    </s:DataGrid>

</s:View>*

Re: Spark DataGrid editable problem

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
npem wrote
> I have replaced the DataGrid with an appropriate Nº of
> textInput components, which works very nicely

You could also think about using the List component with an appropriate item
renderer.
Or let you be inspired by the experimental MobileGrid [1].

HTH,
Olaf

[1]:
https://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/components/MobileGrid.html

Re: Spark DataGrid editable problem

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
I never tried to use the spark datagrid on mobile but maybe this works [1]?

HTH,
Olaf

[1]: Set each column 'editable'
<fx:Declarations>
	<s:ArrayCollection id="myData">
		<s:DataItem name="One"   price="100"  />
		<s:DataItem name="Two"   price="200" />
		<s:DataItem name="Three" price="300" />
	</s:ArrayCollection>
</fx:Declarations>

<s:DataGrid id="dataGrid" dataProvider="{myData}" editable="true"
width="90%">
	<s:columns>
		<s:ArrayList>
			<s:GridColumn dataField="name" editable="true"/>
			<s:GridColumn dataField="price" editable="true" />
		</s:ArrayList>
	</s:columns>
</s:DataGrid>

Re: Spark DataGrid editable problem

Posted by npem <ph...@gmail.com>.
I would still be interested in how to solve this,
but I have replaced the DataGrid with an appropriate Nº of
textInput components, which works very nicely

So, essentially this question is closed

Phil.