Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> on 2004/02/19 23:31:10 UTC

HEAD broken ...

It looks like some of the code from yesterday (it's looking like the
metadata code) majorly broke HEAD:

Failed 26/49 test scripts, 46.94% okay. 179/416 subtests failed, 56.97% okay.

Not to mention that it DoSed my box this morning (OOMed many times, etc.)

<sigh>  Someone's buying drinks for the dev team. ;)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Your mother seems really upset.  I better go have a talk with

 		-- Homer Simpson
 		   Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(annoyed grunt)ocious

Re: HEAD broken ...

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:36:12PM -0600, Michael Parker wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 05:31:10PM -0500, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> > It looks like some of the code from yesterday (it's looking like the
> > metadata code) majorly broke HEAD:
> >
> > Failed 26/49 test scripts, 46.94% okay. 179/416 subtests failed, 56.97% okay.
>
> I had to do a make clean before it would start behaving.  I'm not
> seeing any problems at the moment.

I take it back, something is broken.  I blame Justin.

Michael

Re: HEAD broken ...

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:02:08PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
> (*: modulo some "teething pains". ;)

There's "teething pains" and "we need to revive pains"...

> Damn, I deliberately never mentioned the traditional "who breaks HEAD
> buys pints" rule, but seems it got around through other channels ;)

Heh.  I think it's pretty standard in SW development shops actually.
Either drinks or money in a jar or something.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Perhaps I'm missing the gene for making enemies.  :-)

Re: HEAD broken ...

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:36:12PM -0600, Michael Parker wrote:
> I had to do a make clean before it would start behaving.  I'm not
> seeing any problems at the moment.

Well, I'm at the latest SVN release (r6781 right now), and a full regression:

test -f Makefile && make distclean ; perl Makefile.PL < /dev/null ; make ; make test

fails horribly:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/basic_lint........ok
t/bayesdbm..........ok 12/43Can't call method "finish" on unblessed reference at
../blib/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/MsgContainer.pm line 671.
t/bayesdbm..........dubious
        Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
DIED. FAILED tests 13-43
        Failed 31/43 tests, 27.91% okay
t/bayessql..........skipped test on this platform
t/cidrs.............ok
[...  ^C hit to stop the failures  ...]

> I did notice fairly high memory usage on a mass-check run this
> morning, but hadn't been paying attention previously to know for sure
> if this was a problem.

For me, the nightly run was taking ~2 hours and ~40MB RAM.  I killed it
this afternoon when I saw it was still running after 10 hours and had
OOMed the box (2GB total VM) numerous times.

I wasn't thrilled...  JM said he fixed that this morning though, but I
haven't had a chance to test.  Until then, I've disabled the nightly
runs on my box.

I'm still leaning towards either reverting out the metadata
code, or disabling it in the code (probably difficult from a
quick glance) until we finish coming up with the API we want for
MsgContainer/MsgParser/MsgMetaData/etc.

> > <sigh>  Someone's buying drinks for the dev team. ;)
>
> I'd be more than happy to, especially after yesterday. :)

Are you saying you broke HEAD? ;)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"This message comes to you in Spanish where translatable." - Theo

Re: HEAD broken ...

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.