Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at> on 2008/05/13 16:06:08 UTC

Re: German Spam

On Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2007 Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> It's a nice ruleset but we had a major problem with it.  RDJ pulled
> in an update which contained these lines:

Sorry for that problem, and sorry for only answering now. I'd been busy
on some private problems, and hope to get into this list more often
again. In case of problems with the ZMI_GERMAN rulesets, please contact
the e-mail address listed in that file - I read that more often than
this list.

I wish more people would use the ZMI_GERMAN ruleset, and contribute to
it. Our servers are very heavily Anti-SPAM now, and I didn't get german
some for quite some time that would have passed our filters, so
inclusion of new spam is slow now. So, please report spam to me
directly.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

RE: German Spam

Posted by Giampaolo Tomassoni <g....@libero.it>.

Got it!

Thanks,

Giampaolo

Re: German Spam

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at>.

RE: German Spam

Posted by Giampaolo Tomassoni <g....@libero.it>.

Re: German Spam

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@it-management.at>.
On Sonntag, 18. Mai 2008 Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> I used to use it, but dropped it quite a while ago when it didn't hit
> on *my* particular German spam any longer.

The hard thing for me is to tell if a certain spam could pass through
other people's filters. We're having a heavy anti spam setup, and
almost nothing passes through. Some honeypots addresses are whitelisted
and receive spam, but almost all of it is recognised from the
beginning. And I try to only write rules for german text that is
previously not recognised.

It would be nice to have all rules for SA (at least their names) in SQL,
and on every hit increase a counter and set the now() timestamp to see
which rules do not get hit anymore. With the actual text file, you
can't tell really, and I cannot drop rules just because I do not get
hits anymore, so I'd need that distributed to see some good stats -
which would mean people should distribute back their stats. Is there
anything similar? I'm currently doing mass-checks, but that doesn't
help me with my rules really, as it only reflects my results.

Re: German Spam

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 16:06 +0200, Michael Monnerie wrote:

> I wish more people would use the ZMI_GERMAN ruleset, and contribute to

I used to use it, but dropped it quite a while ago when it didn't hit on
*my* particular German spam any longer.

During a few weak moments, I even pondered setting up and publishing my
own German rules, specifically targeting "seriously bad" German and
phrases. Anyway...

How to contribute? I might think about that. ;)

> it. Our servers are very heavily Anti-SPAM now, and I didn't get german
> some for quite some time that would have passed our filters, so
> inclusion of new spam is slow now. So, please report spam to me
> directly.

  guenther