Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Sapna Mysore <sa...@harvard.edu> on 2004/02/03 18:02:18 UTC

mailing list:mails going to error folder

Hi,

I am new to James and am impressed with how easy it was to setup everything and get going.
 I am evaluating it to use in our application. One of our requirements is: mailing list.

I am able to create and subscribe to it. But to test the distribution, when I send mails to
the mailing list, all the mails seem to be going to the error folder. I have searched the
mailing lists and came across one person who had this issue but there are no replies.
 Thanks in advance and sorry if it is too trivial.

I followed the instruction is the James doc and news groups:
1) added the following in config.xml , in the root processor block
<mailet match="CommandForListserv=james@localhost"

    class="AvalonListservManager">

    <repositoryName>list-james</repositoryName>

</mailet>

<mailet match="RecipientIs=james@localhost" class="AvalonListserv">

    <membersonly> false </membersonly>

    <attachmentsallowed> true </attachmentsallowed>

    <replytolist> true </replytolist>

    <repositoryName>list-james</repositoryName>

    <subjectprefix>JamesList</subjectprefix>

</mailet>

2) added a repository name (for filesystem) in the users-store block

<repository name="list-james"
    class="org.apache.james.userrepository.UsersFileRepository">
    <destination URL="file://var/lists/list-james/"/>
</repository> I am able to subscribe to the list(3 users like red@localhost, blue@localhost, green@localhost) and I can see list-james folder getting created under /var/lists/ But when I test by sending a mail to james@localhost, I expected the test mail in the inboxes of the 3 users, instead they  are all in the /var/mail/error folder. Am I missing a step? Is the sender address james@localhost corect? Should I create  a separate account for james@locahost or the entries in config.xml are sufficient?Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks,SM