Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gc134728 <gc...@scarlet.be> on 2007/04/30 16:33:18 UTC

How to load Snapshot plugins from the CLI

Dear maven users,

I'm stuck on a problem. I want to execute a plugin from the command line but
not the released version but the snapshot version.

How do I do that?

I added the link to the snapshot repository. No problem their.
But when i execute the following command :
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT:install-file ...

I get the following error :

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-install-plugin
Version: 2.2-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:pom:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

What am i doing wrong?

Thx for any assistance.
Y. Van Steen
Agfa Connectivity Engineer
---
Scarlet ADSL Unlimited - Only 24,95 euro per month.
Max download Speed up to 6 Mbps, download volume of 30 GB. Order now...

Re: How to load Snapshot plugins from the CLI

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
If that's your whole log, then you're not pointed to the maven SNAPSHOT repo
for plugins.  The message indicates that you haven't defined any new
references to the snapshot repo as indicated by the fact that only "central"
is listed as a repo to look in and central doesn't host plugin snapshots (as
far as I know).  You'll need to define a snapshot repo pointing to
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/ in order to get the
(apache hosted) snapshot plugin.

On 4/30/07, gc134728 <gc...@scarlet.be> wrote:

> Dear maven users,
>
> I'm stuck on a problem. I want to execute a plugin from the command line
> but
> not the released version but the snapshot version.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> I added the link to the snapshot repository. No problem their.
> But when i execute the following command :
> mvn
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT:install-file...
>
> I get the following error :
>
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
> ArtifactId: maven-install-plugin
> Version: 2.2-SNAPSHOT

>   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:pom:2.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thx for any assistance.
> Y. Van Steen
> Agfa Connectivity Engineer
> ---
> Scarlet ADSL Unlimited - Only 24,95 euro per month.
> Max download Speed up to 6 Mbps, download volume of 30 GB. Order now...

I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.