Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/06 19:21:19 UTC

non tomcat related question: Servlets

 I have a problem which I have asked in several forums
and have received no response.  Basically i have some
code which needs to be debugged, but after spending
hours and hours I am unable to figure out what is
causing the problem. If anyone has some time to
briefly look over my code, I will send a copy.  The
problem more likely is very simple, but so far for me
it has been a needle in a haystack.    Here is a
somewhat brief description of my program design along
with the problem.I have created a calendar servlet
which includes three other servlets:a browser to
change monthsa month calendar which allows you to
select the day of the monthand a day calendar which
makes a connection to a database and displays the
events for the day. I have separate servlet which
allows you to enter events for the time on a specific
day. My problem is that once I enter some events, the
day calendar doesn't immediately show the information
from the database. The day calendar must be refreshed
a second time.  This doesn't always happen.  I noticed
that it tends to happen after changing months and and
changing days, and then entering the information.  In
other words it work properly most of the time, but
under certain cicumstances it doesn't work. Obviously
to understand this problem you would need to see both
the code and the running application. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. -Amos

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: non tomcat related question: Servlets

Posted by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com>.
O.k.  round three

Posted by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com>.
Dmitri,
  Thanks a lot for offering your help.  I am sending
this via yahoo mail so I can only send up to three
attachments at a time.

TO help you understand the code, I have a main
function called SearchLogic, which uses a request
dispatcher to display the rest of the servlets.
  Therefore, to run the web application you will
basically jsut need to run the searchLogic servlet,
since this calls the others.

My problem is as follows.  The searchLogic servlet
first calls a servlet called Browser.  On the right
side of the browser part of the application, to the
right of where it says select group, there are two
arrows.

These arrows change the selected month.

Normally when selecting a date on the perpetual
calendar, and selecting and inserting data on the day
calendar no refresh is necessary to display the data
from the datatabse.

However, after changing the month twice and then
selecting a new day, and entering data, the day
calendar needs to be refreshed to display the new
event.

i know this may be confusing.  Let me know if you have
any questions, and once again thanks for your help,.

-Amos

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"A.L." <am...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> These files should go into a folder with class files
> witht he follwoing directory structure:
>
> com\javaexchange\dbConnectionBroker

Guys, small request, can you handle this privately as it's not related to
Tomcat? Thanks! :)

    Pier

Re: non tomcat related question: Servlets

Posted by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com>.
O.k. Her's round two of the files.

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.