Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ranjeet <te...@logisticsfocus.com> on 2002/05/11 07:20:12 UTC

Query relating to Apache::ASP

Sir,

We are facing a problem . We have made our module with asp as our front end and sql server as our back end :.
But due to problem we have to use Apache server and Oracle 8i for the project ..
After going through related articles its says::
.
"The only type of ASP scripts that are supported by Apache::ASP is ASP code already written in Perl. In order for NT/Windows/IIS ASP pages written in VBScript to work using Apache::ASP, the ASP code must be rewritten in Perl. "

how are we going to convert the asp to run in apache server.Do we have to rewrite in perl ?Do we have any other option as the module is already prepared and only the web server has to be changed  ? Please do suggest me in this matter

Thanking you
With Regd.

Ranjeet Pani

Re: Query relating to Apache::ASP

Posted by Cameron McBride <ca...@cwru.edu>.
Perhaps I missed something, but it looks like you have found the wrong
list.  This list is for supporting 'Embperl', a perl based module to do
similiar dynamic scripting as ASP, but instead uses a perl like syntax.

I would be happy to help, but I do not use ASP and have not used
Apache::ASP.  Some useful links might be:
  The website:
    http://www.apache-asp.org/
  The apache-asp mailing list archives:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/asp%40perl.apache.org/maillist.html

There is an Embperl::Syntax::ASP module part of Embperl.  This does
require perl syntax, but basically allows the '<% code %>' tags to be
used in html documents rather than the default Embperl ones.  If you
want to use that this, I imagine you WOULD have to rewrite everything in
perl.

> We are facing a problem . We have made our module with asp as our front end and sql server as our back end :.
> But due to problem we have to use Apache server and Oracle 8i for the project ..
> After going through related articles its says::

> "The only type of ASP scripts that are supported by Apache::ASP is ASP code already written in Perl. In order for NT/Windows/IIS ASP pages written in VBScript to work using Apache::ASP, the ASP code must be rewritten in Perl. "
>

> how are we going to convert the asp to run in apache server.Do we have to rewrite in perl ?Do we have any other option as the module is already prepared and only the web server has to be changed  ? Please do suggest me in this matter

I am not sure what you mean by 'module'.  Apache::ASP seems to be a PERL
based solution to try and be compatible with some ASP code.  I do not
think VBscript works with it.  Again, I do not know anything about
Apache::ASP -- please contact them (see above links).

I think it would probably be best to determine what your 'module' is
dependant on.  If you use VBscript in your ASP -- you might want to
mention that if you request help from the Apache::ASP places.

Good luck.

Cameron