Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/08/10 08:20:43 UTC

keep private emails private (Was: Improving our welcome docs pitiful)

Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> This is changing. Here's an excerpt from "News from the infrastructure list"
> sent out on committers@a.o on 2005/07/18:

Please do not take private emails into a public forum.
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#confidential

Thanks for trying to explain the email issues,
but a better approach would be as i suggested in
my previous reply - get the whole story straight
on the infrastructure mailing list then patch the
doc that was referred to.

> The easy solution right now is to use mail.apache.org as your outgoing mail
> server. ...

Are you sure that Infra@ wants that to happen?

-David

Re: keep private emails private (Was: Improving our welcome docs pitiful)

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 09 August 2005 11:20 pm, David Crossley wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> > This is changing. Here's an excerpt from "News from the infrastructure
> > list" sent out on committers@a.o on 2005/07/18:
>
> Please do not take private emails into a public forum.
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#confidential

Sorry, my bad. I should have realized this when I couldn't find this email in
a public archive and had to dig it out of my mailbox... :-(

> > The easy solution right now is to use mail.apache.org as your outgoing
> > mail server. ...
>
> Are you sure that Infra@ wants that to happen?

I don't really know. I figured that if Apache _is_ hosting an SMTP server
thats accepts connections on port 25 from anywhere, combined with the fact
that its hard to get other SMTP servers to relay @a.o emails, then it was
probably intended to be used that way. But I could be wrong.

Yep, I think its best to pursue this with infra directly, thanks for the note.

--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net