Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/02 23:45:01 UTC

RE: [ASFCS42] Proposed schedule for our next release

I just realized that I did close the 4 month / 6 month thread [1] in favor of 4 months but forgot to update this thread.

So the conclusion is we will stick to the original called out schedule

=============================
 4.2 detailed schedule proposal:
 =============================

 2013-05-31
   Feature Freeze
   All new feature need to have been merged into master by this date.
   Release branch will be cut on this date.
   Jenkins updated to include new release branch builds.

 2013-06-01 through 2013-06-30
   Testing/Bug Fixes (testing against jenkins artifacts)
   Documentation Finalization

 2013-06-30
   Docs Freeze (except release notes and translations)
   Release Branch moves to limited updates only (only commits allowed  in would be release blockers fixes, translation updates, etc...)

 2013-07-01 through 2013-07-22
   Translation Development and Integration (should be ongoing, but  focused effort)
   Final regression testing / bug fixes / doc fixes

 2013-07-22
   4.2.0-RC1 is created, and project level VOTE is called

 I have updated the release page [2] and setting up 4.2 Release Dashboard

[1] http://markmail.org/message/3ctdwor5hfbpa3vx
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack+4.2+Release

Thanks
Animesh