Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2007/02/09 16:37:45 UTC

excommunicating Ruby

Because of the interest I'm seeing in solrb (would renaming it sol.rb
be bad?) and Flare, I see a need for us Rubyists to have our own
list.  We've had ruby-dev@lucene.apache.org for a while now, but it
is a ghost town.  Let's revive it and use that list for sol.rb and
Flare discussions from now on, and it is open to any other Lucene
+Ruby combination folks would like to discuss, and hopefully some
Ferret/KinoSearch/Lucy discussions there too.

There will of course be those fuzzy topics that weigh on both sides
of the equation, but I can see a lot of detailed discussions on the
Ruby syntax against Solr, etc and that'd be noise to folks in other
environments.

	Erik

Re: excommunicating Ruby

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
Sounds like a fine idea to me!
-Yonik

Fwd: excommunicating Ruby

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Let the games begin!

Begin forwarded message:

Re: excommunicating Ruby

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
Sounds like a fine idea to me!

Re: excommunicating Ruby

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 2/9/07, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> ...We've had ruby-dev@lucene.apache.org for a while now, but it
> is a ghost town.  Let's revive it and use that list for sol.rb and
> Flare discussions from now on...

+1, good idea!

 - Bertrand, trying hard to keep up with Solr java stuff already ;-)