Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de> on 2012/04/01 23:49:21 UTC

Re: Product rental with shipping and selling

Do someone else has an idea?

Kindly

Robert

Re: Product rental with shipping and selling

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
On 04/02/2012 06:32 AM, Robert2012 wrote:
> Thank you for your message.
> I allready use the product type you named.
>
> But still the qustions above are not cleared.
> - I still have the "number of persons" and so on as input form on my product
> details page (in webstore), but I do sell items, no rooms. I just need the
> "numbers of days" which i already created and which is also shown.
It could be that the e-commerce application is not updated yet for the
relatively new product type.
> - when an item is reserved for a customer (for rental), does the calendar in
> the webstore (product details) do block this date / period to choose for new
> rental customer?
could be, however the inventory will be zero, so it can not be given out
again
> - how do I handle, when the item to rent should also be to sell? I mean I
> have 2 categories (selling used items and rental items). This product shall
> be offered in both. After selling it should be blocked for rental (or empty
> stock) and if it is not sold but on customers side for rental it should be
> shown "out of stock" on the selling product
also inventory will take care of this.

Re: Product rental with shipping and selling

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
You might have a look at the product type:

Fixed Asset Usage For Rental of an asset which is shipped from and returned to inventory

Which does exactly what you want.

Regards,
Hans