Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/07/10 22:02:11 UTC

CHANGELOG maintenance

Hi,

In the preparation to the release, I am reviewing/cleaning up the change
log.

We have several categories in the change log:

INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES - changes that break backward compatibility
NEW FEATURES - new major features
IMPROVEMENTS - code improvements such as performance or usability
improvements
BUG FIXES - bug fixes.

Currently, all updates happen in the BUG FIXES sections which makes it
hard to know what comprised a release. Lets start using the changelog as
described above.

For now, I will do some re-arrangements for 0.1.0 release.

Thanks,

Olga

RE: CHANGELOG maintenance

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Done going forward.

Olga

RE: CHANGELOG maintenance

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Sounds good to me. Also some things should go under OPTIMIZATIONS.

Olga

Re: CHANGELOG maintenance

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: CHANGELOG maintenance