Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Anil pawar <mr...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/16 14:53:57 UTC

Extracting images from pptx using xslf discarding charts.

I am using xslf to convert pptx to images but unable to convert slides which contain charts.
After conversion i can see taht all charts are discarded.
I had added a question on https://stackoverflow.com/ also.
please help.

link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44152261/extracting-images-from-pptx-with-apache-poi-discarding-charts

Re: Extracting images from pptx using xslf discarding charts.

Posted by Anil pawar <mr...@gmail.com>.
So If i want to add this feature then where should i concentrate in code.

Re: Extracting images from pptx using xslf discarding charts.

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
just a few thoughts about the (render) implementation:
1. check if the current xmlbeans cover the chart schema in the needed areas
2. parse the references and build a chart data model
3. map data model to a existing chart api
    see alternatives of JFreeChart (which can't be used because of LGPL license) [1]
    BSD & apache license are ok [2]
4. provide a delegate renderer for the sl common drawing code

I guess 2. is quite complex.

Andi

[1] http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/faq.html#FAQ13
[2] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html