Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> on 2012/07/09 19:05:14 UTC

Strange SVN Props being changed by each commit on the 2.10.x branch

Hi

While backporting some fixes to the 2.10.x branch I realized that the
commits of mine contain a svn prop-change for the path:

 camel/branches/camel-2.10.x/components/camel-http/

on the SVN repo *although* I've got no local change for that directory on my
workspace! And this happens as I do:

 svnmerge.py merge -r xxxxxx

And of course afterwards that props-change gets propagated to the 2.9.x
branch as well as I do backport to the 2.9.x. branch from the 2.10.x branch.

Maybe it's indeed harmless, but just wanted to report it just in case some
folks could spot any problems with the newly created 2.10.x branch since
today.

Following the two strange prop-changes on the directory being mentioned by
the 2.10.x branch:

Babak

Re: Strange SVN Props being changed by each commit on the 2.10.x branch

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Ah thanks for fixing it. BTW I googled a bit and it turned out to be a known
issue while using SVN:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/767418/remove-unnecessary-svnmergeinfo-properties

Now just because of my curiosity, what change did you exactly commit into
the SVN to fix this issue? As I don't see any commit history of yours for
this!

Babak

Willem.Jiang wrote

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
svn will update the svn mergeinfo property if it is there.
I already commit a fix to remove the mergeinfo property, it should be OK
now.

On 7/11/12 4:34 PM, Babak Vahdat wrote:
> Hi
>
> The same svn prop-change happened right before as well by Willem:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1360041
>
> Note the change by this commit for the path:
> camel/branches/camel-2.10.x/components/camel-http/
>
> Interestingly it did *not* happen by the Claus's commit on last Monday:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1359200
>
> @Willem have you got any idea what could be wrong with this branch?
>
> Babak
>

> Babak Vahdat wrote
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> While backporting some fixes to the 2.10.x branch I realized that the
>> commits of mine contain a svn prop-change for the path:
>>
>>   camel/branches/camel-2.10.x/components/camel-http/
>>
>> on the SVN repo *although* I've got no local change for that directory on
>> my workspace! And this happens as I do:
>>
>>   svnmerge.py merge -r xxxxxx
>>
>> And of course afterwards that props-change gets propagated to the 2.9.x
>> branch as well as I do backport to the 2.9.x. branch from the 2.10.x
>> branch.
>>
>> Maybe it's indeed harmless, but just wanted to report it just in case some
>> folks could spot any problems with the newly created 2.10.x branch since
>> today.
>>
>> Following the two strange prop-changes on the directory being mentioned by
>> the 2.10.x branch:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1359231
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1359269
>>
>> Babak

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
And of course such changes get propagated to the 2.9.x branch as well:

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
And the Prop changes being commited are as the following:

Propchange: camel/branches/camel-2.10.x/components/camel-http/
  Merged /camel/trunk/components/camel-http:r1359226

And:

Propchange: camel/branches/camel-2.10.x/components/camel-http/
  Merged /camel/trunk/components/camel-http:r1359265

However both of the revisions r1359226 & r1359265 have nothing to do with
the camel-http directory!

Babak