Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Hosrom <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2006/04/03 15:35:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Question Regarding Apache 1.3.33 Installation

Hi All,

My question is in regard to Apache 1.3.33 installation.
My system had version 1.3.27 and wanted to install 1.3.33.
I stopped and removed 1.3.27, and during the 1.3.33
installation, I got the following messages:

"Installation was interrupted before Apache http server
1.3.33 could be completely installed"

Can someone tell me what would cause such interruption?
What *other* task(s) must be removed (or made inactive) in
order for the installation to be successful?

Thanks in advance..

Mike.

Re: [users@httpd] Question Regarding Apache 1.3.33 Installation

Posted by Michael Hosrom <Mi...@Sun.COM>.

Joshua Slive wrote On 04/03/06 13:01,:
> On 4/3/06, Michael Hosrom <Mi...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>My question is in regard to Apache 1.3.33 installation.
>>My system had version 1.3.27 and wanted to install 1.3.33.
>>I stopped and removed 1.3.27, and during the 1.3.33
>>installation, I got the following messages:
>>
>>"Installation was interrupted before Apache http server
>>1.3.33 could be completely installed"
>>
>>Can someone tell me what would cause such interruption?
>>What *other* task(s) must be removed (or made inactive) in
>>order for the installation to be successful?
>

> Hmmm... Are we talking about a windows installer here?

Yes. One other point I would like to make is when I removed
the network cable and tried to install 1.3.33 again, it worked.
So, I'm basically interested in the task(s) that would normally
be dependent on getting 1.3.33 (or other versions..) installed.

Thanks,
Mike.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Kishore Jalleda <kj...@gmail.com>.
I Would do this....
1) download apache_1.3.33 into some directory ( could be same as the one
holding apache_1.3.27)
3) stop te current apache server running)
4) just build apache_1.3.33 again , with the right directives ( if this
install is the same as 1.3.27 then just copy config.status file from the old
apache_1.3.27 dir and put it in the new apache directory) and then just run
./config.status
make
make install

now start apache and you will see that you have the new version running ....

Kishore Jalleda
http://kjalleda.googlepages.com