Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2014/10/26 19:49:30 UTC

Updating Ivy's trunk doc in the site

Now that the Ivy’s code source is in git, but the site is still managed in svn, how do we update the doc of Ivy trunk in the site ?
How can I update this : http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html

We’ll have a similar issue when we will release, we will need to publish the released doc.

Nicolas

Re: Updating Ivy's trunk doc in the site

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
I think I have come to something workable. It could be smarter to avoid any checkout, but at least it works.

svn:external have disappeared, they are now replaced with manual git checkout. I have made an ant target to handle it properly.

For instance, the trunk version (trunk as the name used in the path of the url) correspond to the master branch. Here are the command to checkout, then to generate:
ant checkout-history -Dhistory.version=master -Dtarget.history.folder=trunk
ant generate-history -Dhistory.version=trunk

If the name of the tag is the same as the version in the url, then no need to specify an ‘history folder’:
ant checkout-history -Dhistory.version=2.4.0
ant generate-history -Dhistory.version=2.4.0

Hope it makes sense.

Nicolas

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,