Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com> on 2013/09/23 15:28:17 UTC

Distributed cache in command line

Hi,

Is it possible to access distributed cache in command line? I have written a custom InputFormat implementation which I want to add to distributed cache. Using libjars is not an option for me as I am not running Hadoop job in command line. I am running it using RHadoop package in R which internally uses Hadoop streaming. Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
Anand.C

RE: Distributed cache in command line

Posted by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can create symlinks for the files. But I don't know how to add jar to distributed cache. I found one way is by using libjars argument while running hadoop job. Is it possible to add a jar file directly to distributed cache? Is there any specific folder in HDFS which acts as distributed cache?

Regards,
Anand.C

I have no idea about RHadoop but in general in YARN we do create symlinks for the files in distributed cache in the current working directory of every container. You may be able to use that somehow.

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
Hortonworks Inc.<http://www.hortonworks.com>

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan <An...@honeywell.com>> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to access distributed cache in command line? I have written a custom InputFormat implementation which I want to add to distributed cache. Using libjars is not an option for me as I am not running Hadoop job in command line. I am running it using RHadoop package in R which internally uses Hadoop streaming. Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
Anand.C

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Distributed cache in command line