Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Colic <al...@pop-ware.com> on 2001/09/24 21:51:02 UTC

struts architecture question.

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if I have properly designed my classes.

I have a class that extends ActionServlet. The only reason it does that is
because all my web apps need a couple of generic objects in the application
session before anyone can use the applications.

So I overrode the doGet and doPost and init() methods. Examples are below:

public void init() throws javax.servlet.ServletException
  {
    super.init();
    //do Some Configuration;
  }

public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws java.io.IOException, javax.servlet.ServletException
  {
    HttpSession session= request.getSession(true);

    */
    if(session.getAttribute(Constants.SERVLET_CONFIG)==null)
      {
        session.setAttribute(Constants.SERVLET_CONFIG, configSettings);
      }

    /**
    * place the rdserver object in the session
    */
    if((session.getAttribute(Constants.RDSERVER))==null)
      {
        rdServer server=new rdServer(strHost, strPort);
        session.setAttribute(Constants.RDSERVER,server);
      }

      super.doGet( request,  response);
  }

I don't know what is wrong with the above it just looks wrong. And, when I
start this app in tomcat I can see that the web app is being parsed and
loaded twice.

Any design tips, comments on the above are appreciated.

Alex