Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Javier Martinez <ec...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/08 21:58:51 UTC

[users@httpd] godaddy mod_gzip / mod_deflate

Some days ago I purchased a hosting linux plan with godaddy. I tried to
enable gzip or deflate on my web, but when I enabled the modules with the
htaccess file, the server says that apache has a configuration error.
I created some tickets in godaddy and they only can say me that the modules
are enabled, but they can help me with the htacces code.

My htaccess file has ONLY this content

SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

And then I changed to

mod_gzip_on       Yes
mod_gzip_dechunk  Yes
mod_gzip_item_include file      \.(html?|txt|css|js|php|pl)$

None of these configuration works. I think that the extensions are not
loaded, but the support says that they are.

Someone can help me with this?

Thanks.