Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com> on 2007/06/01 00:07:54 UTC

Re: how to enable Java assertions (ie how to pass '-ea' to the jvm)

Thanks, I got it working now.

It is btw in a <junit>, not in a <java>, but I assume they
are equivalent.

Initially I was looking for a way to enable this from the
comnand line, without modifying our build.xml files. With
your feedback I found that adding this:
     <assertions>
         <enable/>
      </assertions>
to the <junit> target (which has fork=true) does the work,
and now Java assertions are enabled, regardless of ANT_OPTS.

This option was always there (in the docs) but I was so
focused on the command line path that I didn't see it.

I can modify the bulid files, so this solution is good
enough for my problem. Still I am curious why using the
documented ANT_OPTS did not work.

Thanks for your help,
Doron