Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Peter <pe...@gvtc.com> on 2016/03/29 23:21:39 UTC

importing a download

Unable to import a down load. Example we downloaded our tax data from
turbo tax and when it asks to save file we do.

Then when we want to run it, it asks us to install open office 4.0.0.

It doesn't recognize 4.2 and it continues to ask the same deal.

we have removed 4.2 and installed 4.0.0 and it just keeps asking for us
to install 4.0.0.  help

--
"The will of God,  will never take you where the Grace of God, will not protect you."

---

Re: importing a download

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 03/29/2016 02:21 PM, Peter wrote:
> Unable to import a down load. Example we downloaded our tax
> data from turbo tax and when it asks to save file we do.
>
> Then when we want to run it, it asks us to install open
> office 4.0.0.
>
> It doesn't recognize 4.2 and it continues to ask the same deal.
>
> we have removed 4.2 and installed 4.0.0 and it just keeps
> asking for us to install 4.0.0.  help

This sounds like a setup problem with TurboTax and/or your
system default applications. I don't use TurboTax but I'm
guessing you can probably open your tax data with 4.1.2. Can
you check your import settings for TurboTax and see if maybe
OpenOffice 4.0.0 is hardcoded there or something of that
nature. Or, you could have OpenOffice 4.0.0 specified as
your default spreadsheet program and that's the problem.

Please see our Installation Instructions for some guidance
on assigning default applications in Windows.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html