Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "M.Tarkeshwar Rao" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/14 08:31:28 UTC

I want to enhance the performance of the running topology

Hi all,

I want to enhance the performance of the running topology.

If i done all standard configuration and then if  i want to improve the
performance then i have to
re-balance and schedule the topology of the basis of traffic flow on the
bolts.
As i new to storm.  am  I going in right way?

I want to get the metrics of running traffic on bolts. Can you please
suggest me how should i go ahead.

Only firing rebalance will not help us a lot. We have to decide the
criteria for rebalance and we should 1st calculate the traffic on the DAG
or any other matrices of the running topology.

Few useful Links are:

http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/debs2013/presentations/DEBS13-Paper88-Querzoni.pdf

http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~midlab/articoli/ABQ13storm.pdf

regards