Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Sam Su <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 08:18:32 UTC

what's the matter with the DAS source code???

I downloaded das-1.0-incubator-M2-src.zip from Apache tuscany website. when
I compile it in Eclipse,  there are many errors, such as following:

 The import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Command cannot be resolved
ConfigHelper.java tuscany/java/org/apache/tuscany/das/rdb line 21  14:48:41

 The import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Config cannot be resolved
ConfigHelper.java tuscany/java/org/apache/tuscany/das/rdb line 22  14:48:41

 The import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.ConfigFactory cannot be
resolved ConfigHelper.java tuscany/java/org/apache/tuscany/das/rdb line 23
14:48:41

 The import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Relationship cannot be
resolved ConfigHelper.java tuscany/java/org/apache/tuscany/das/rdb line 24
14:48:41

 The import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Table cannot be resolved
ConfigHelper.java tuscany/java/org/apache/tuscany/das/rdb line 25  14:48:41

I thought the errors show some source codes do not exist.   I read some
codes like org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb. ConfigHelper, this class import some
other classes:

import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Command;
import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Config;
import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.ConfigFactory;
import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Relationship;
import org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config.Table;

but in the org.apache.tuscany.das.rdb.config package, there are no these
required files.
I thought these class files may  be missed in the
das-1.0-incubator-M2-src.zip file, However I also cannot find source codes
of these classes in Tuscany SVN repository.

What's the matter with Apache Tuscany???

Re: what's the matter with the DAS source code???

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I'm assuming you are doing the following steps :

1.download and extract DAS M2 source distribution
2.build the source code using maven (e.g. performing mvn on the comand
prompt). This should download dependencies, such as SDO, from maven
repositories
3.using maven to generate proper eclipse projects (e.g mvn -Peclipse
eclipse:eclipse)
4.Importing DAS project into eclipse with all necessary dependencies

As for the files you mentioned, some of them are static SDOs that model our
config files, and they are going to be generated by the mvn command.

Please, let me know if you are still seeing all the issues after performing
the steps above.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sam,

I too had a similar same problem. It took me a little while, but
seemed to be fixed when they are (re)generated by building DAS using
maven (although I was not building from the source archive).
Unfortunately eclipse does not understand maven build files without
using the m3clipse plugin. There was an earlier thread about this on
the dev list: http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg10450.html

In summary most people seem to build using the command line, however
it is possible to get tuscany to build in eclipse...

Optionally, install Subclipse (http://subclipse.tigris.org/) if you
want to download directly from the subversion repository.

Install the maven2 (http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/) plugin.
Enable the M2 plugin for the DAS project
Make sure that your maven repository can be located (on my linux
machine I had to link '/home/murphdg/conf/settings.xml' to the real
$maven/conf location and this seemed to solved it.

Personally I've found that the approach of downloading and unzipping
the source then running maven's eclipse plugin (mvn -Peclipse
eclipse:eclipse or mvn -Pall eclipse:eclipse). Then importing this
into eclipse more reliable (because it seems that the cmd line tools
are less sensitive to network problems, or so it seems to me).

Hope this helps,
Dan