Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/05 00:18:16 UTC

Mentors needed for Superset and Samoa

It is time for me to step down from the Incubator PMC.  Before I officially
depart I'd like to help the podlings I am currently mentoring, Superset and
Samoa, find new mentors.  If anyone has time and interest in mentoring
these projects I would greatly appreciate their stepping in to replace me.

"Superset is an enterprise-ready web application for data exploration, data
visualization and dashboarding."  The project has been growing the
community and making regular releases and is nearing graduation.

From Samoa's self description: "SAMOA provides a collection of distributed
streaming algorithms for the most common data mining and machine learning
tasks such as classification, clustering, and regression, as well as
programming abstractions to develop new algorithms that run on top of
distributed stream processing engines (DSPEs). It features a pluggable
architecture that allows it to run on several DSPEs such as Apache Storm,
Apache S4, and Apache Samza."  The project has been in incubation for 5
years now and has at times struggled to keep momentum, though it has
recently added a new committer and made a release.

Alan.

Re: Mentors needed for Superset and Samoa

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Thank you Alan for all your support for the Incubator and Mentoring.

SAMOA now has zero mentors and Superset has one.

Experienced mentors requested.

Superset seems close to graduation

SAMOA is currently our oldest podling, but had a release in April.

Regards,
Dave