Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Frédéric Burlet <fb...@kiala.com> on 2005/03/15 13:48:12 UTC

Generation of javadoc with multiple src directories

Hi,

I'm trying to generate javadoc for a project that has multiple
directories.

First I seen that this is only possible with the maven-javadoc-plugin
1.7 since there is a bug in 1.6.1. [1]

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJAVADOC-41

I checked the FAQ about how to handle project with multiple src dirs
[2]. I setup my maven.xml to take care of this: I changed my pregoal
name by "javadoc:generate".

[2] http://maven.apache.org/faq.html#multiple-source-directories

However when I do maven -Dmaven.javadoc.debug=true javadoc:generate I
see two things:

a. maven.compile.src.set is not changed and contains only one path to a
src dir (which is existing).
b. the generation fails and I get:

    [echo] internal_javadoc_needed is false
    [echo] *******************************************
    [echo] * No sources found. Javadoc not created ! *
    [echo] *******************************************

I would like to know if there are any docs somewhere about how to
generate javadoc for a maven project with multiple source dirs; or if
anybody from this ml already set up this kind of config ?

Here below you will find the debug outpout of the maven-javadoc-public.

Any help will be appreciated,

Regards,

Fred.

### Debug mode is on ###
==================================
=== java plugin properties     ===
==================================
maven.compile.encoding            = []
maven.compile.src.set             = [/home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/src/java]
==================================
=== docs properties            ===
==================================
maven.docs.outputencoding         = [ISO-8859-1]
==================================
=== javadoc plugin properties  ===
==================================
--------------------
Javadoc properties :
--------------------
maven.javadoc.additionalparam     = []
maven.javadoc.debug               = [true]
maven.javadoc.doclet              = []
maven.javadoc.docletpath          = []
maven.javadoc.excludepackagenames = []
maven.javadoc.locale              = []
maven.javadoc.maxmemory           = []
maven.javadoc.overview            = []
maven.javadoc.package             = []
maven.javadoc.private             = [true]
maven.javadoc.public              = []
maven.javadoc.source              = []
maven.javadoc.useexternalfile     = [yes]
----------------------------
Standard doclet properties :
----------------------------
maven.javadoc.author              = [true]
maven.javadoc.bottom              = [Copyright &amp;copy;  Kiala, IT
Dev. All Rights Reserved.]
maven.javadoc.customtags          = []
maven.javadoc.destdir             = [/home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/target/docs/apidocs]
maven.javadoc.links               = []
maven.javadoc.offlineLinks        = []
maven.javadoc.mode.online         = []
maven.javadoc.stylesheet          = [/home/fbu/.maven/cache/maven-
javadoc-plugin-1.7/plugin-resources/stylesheet.css]
maven.javadoc.tagletpath          = []
maven.javadoc.taglets             = []
maven.javadoc.use                 = [true]
maven.javadoc.version             = [true]
maven.javadoc.windowtitle         = [kserver-tests 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT API]
==================================
=== Project descriptor         ===
==================================
pom.package                       = [com.kiala.kservertests]
==================================
=== javadoc internal variables ===
==================================
internal_javadoc_jar              = [/home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/target/kserver-tests-1.2.0-
SNAPSHOT_javadoc.jar]
internal_javadoc_needed           = []
internal_javadoc_working_dir      = [/home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/target/javadoc]

    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/target/javadoc
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/target/javadoc/src
    [echo] sourceModifications not used.
[DEBUG] Adding reference: internal_javadoc_sources ->
[DEBUG] fileset: Setup scanner in dir /home/fbu/workspace-kserver-
head/kserver/modules/tests/src/java with patternSet{ includes:
[com/kiala/kservertests/**/*.java] excludes: [] }

--
Frédéric Burlet <fb...@kiala.com>
KIALA