Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Akshay Ahooja <ak...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/01 17:39:46 UTC

Cannot build due to failed jar download

I am trying to start up the gen:app and install it using Maven 1.

It is giving me the following error below. Looks like the jars dont exist in
this location any longer?

In my build.properties I have:

basedir = /myportal/
maven.repo.remote = http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven/,
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/, \
http://dist.codehaus.org/, http://cvs.apache.org/repository/,
http://repository.atlassian.com/, http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Akshay

ERROR:
-------------

C:\myportal>maven j2:portal.genapp
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Attempting to download portals-bridges-common-.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.por
tals.bridges/jars/portals-bridges-common-.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown
err
or downloading; status code was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download portals-bridges-common-.jar.
Attempting to download portals-bridges-velocity-.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.por
tals.bridges/jars/portals-bridges-velocity-.jar]: java.io.IOException:
Unknown e
rror downloading; status code was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download portals-bridges-velocity-.jar.
Attempting to download derby-.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.der
by/jars/derby-.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status
code
 was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download derby-.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:

portals-bridges-common-.jar
portals-bridges-velocity-.jar
derby-.jar
Total time: 7 seconds
Finished at: Thu Jun 01 11:32:33 EDT 2006

Re: Cannot build due to failed jar download

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I should have looked more closely, I only noticed the 302 error.

This error during war:install:

> Attempting to download portals-bridges-common-.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download portals-bridges-common-.jar.
> Attempting to download portals-bridges-velocity-.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download portals-bridges-velocity-.jar.
> Attempting to download derby-.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download derby-.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:
>
> portals-bridges-common-.jar
> portals-bridges-velocity-.jar
> derby-.jar

Is something totally different.   This is an old build problem from a
way back.  Between the dash and the .jar of  those jars, there is
supposed to be a version number.

In your project directory (ie. the directory where all the output from
portal.genapp was written, create a file called build.properties with
the following contents:

portals.bridges.version=1.0
derby.version=10.1.1.0
bridges.groupId=org.apache.portals.bridges
jetspeed.version=2.0

Note: this assumes that you are building 2.0.  If not, you need to
change the versions appropriately.  (eg. 2.1-dev for jetspeed
2.1-dev).  But unfortunately, I'm not sure what derby and bridges
versions should be used for the latest stuff...

HTH,
aaron

Posted by Akshay Ahooja <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hey Aaron,