Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by ei...@fastmail.fm on 2004/09/06 15:30:02 UTC

Extending Listener

I'm trying to write a new Listener.
When I extended a Sampler it was very easy, I just extended
AbstractJavaSamplerClient and at run time I choose the extended class,
but
Listener...
I looked at: http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/extending/index.html, at
'Creating your own SampleListener', but in spite of implementing the
methods in SampleListener as described at the above url and in:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/extending/JMeter%20Extension%20Scenario.html,
I still can't see it when running. I looked at UrlConfigGui - as
suggested but I can't
see the connection to Listener implementation.

Can someone help me please.

Thanks.
--

  eitanob@fastmail.fm

Re: Extending Listener

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
The /extending directory is completely out of date and worse than
useless.

I'm not sure what you mean by "there's no javadoc".  In any case, you
need to look at the code to learn how to do it yourself.

-Mike

Posted by ei...@fastmail.fm.

Re: Extending Listener

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Re: Extending Listener

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
writing listeners can be a bit confusing at first. It took me a while
to understand enough to write a listener myself.

you can look at the new distribution graph or the monitor I wrote.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jmeter/src/monitor/components/org/apache/jmeter/visualizers/

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jmeter/src/components/org/apache/jmeter/visualizers/

peter