Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 08:30:24 UTC

Re: Tuscany SCA HelloWorld application is up and running on Google App Engine!

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get an variant of helloworld-jsp working on Google App Engine.
> The application is now up and running at [1].
>
> During the bring-up, I made a few minor changes to Tuscany 2.x code base to
> fix the two classes that break the the App Engine JRE Class White List:
>
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl
> (java.lang.management.ManagementFactory is restricted)
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.impl.JDKProxyFactory (subclassing
> java.lang.reflect.Proxy is not allowed:
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.CachedProxy)
>
> [1] http://scacloud.appspot.com/
> [2]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/samples/webapps/helloworld-jsp
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Really great news Raymond, it would be great if we could start
investigating this further to explore more complex scenarios on the
App Engine... I was thinking on getting the store sample in a first
stage, and then split the different components into different google
apps... maybe we would use different bindings from the original store
app as the web 2.0 bindings are not yet available in the 2.x code
base.

BTW, I'm willing to help...

Thoughts ?

--