Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Samantha Savvakis <sa...@cfs.net.au> on 2002/05/02 03:24:22 UTC

Another Unable to Resolve Target Question

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple Web Service for testing purposes.

I have followed the instructions at:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-peer2/index.html to create
a simple Web Service and a Java client to call the Web Service.

I am running:

SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Apache Tomcat 4.0.3
Soap 2.2
JDK2 version 1.3
JRE2 version 1.3

Steps I have done:

1. Created directory: /u/dev/webservices
2. Created Interface: /u/dev/webservices/IExchange.java
3. Create Class Exchange : /u/dev/webservices/Exchange.java (this is my web
service)
4. Compile : javac Exchange.java => Exchange.class file was created.
5. I added /u/dev/webservices to my CLASSPATH
6. Stopped and started Tomcat
7. Went to the SOAP Admin page and deployed my web service: urn:exchange
8. Created a Java client: /u/dev/webservices/Client.java
9. compiled and tried to run: java Client

Get the usual error that lots of other people have:
SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURL, Unable to resolve target object:
Exchange

Now.. what am I supposed to have in the CLASSPATH?

My CLASSPATH at the moment has:
/usr/local/jar/xerces.jar:/usr/local/jar/activation.jar:/usr/local/jar/mail.
jar:/usr/local/jar/soap.ja
r:/u/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/lib/tomcat.jar:/u/dev/webservices/

I'm gathering I'm missing a simple step here somewhere.

Thanks,
Sam

RE: Another Unable to Resolve Target Question

Posted by Samantha Savvakis <sa...@cfs.net.au>.
Stupid error on my part - I forgot the line: call.setParams( params ).

That would explain why I had the getRate([none])

Thanks for your help!
Sam

Posted by Samantha Savvakis <sa...@cfs.net.au>.

Posted by Samantha Savvakis <sa...@cfs.net.au>.