Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by phil evans <ca...@compuserve.com> on 2004/07/02 00:45:03 UTC

staging area

How can a staging area be set up? Any thoughts or tips? There's reference to it in the 1.2 press release, but I haven't found any info.

What I would like is a separate area between "authoring" and "live" that could be used for "review".  Is that the purpose of staging?

I would also like to be able to render the documents differently between authoring and review. Any thoughts on the best way to organise the relevent stylesheets??

Many thanks
Phil Evans

Re: staging area

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
phil evans wrote:
> How can a staging area be set up? Any thoughts or tips? There's reference
> to it in the 1.2 press release, but I haven't found any info.

the code supports it, but none of the lenya publications in cvs
currently have it in the GUI. this is mostly because it is a fairly
complex use case that might be overwhelming for most uses. if there is
enough interest, the community could decide to implement it in one of
the sample publications.

> What I would like is a separate area between "authoring" and "live"
> that could be used for "review".  Is that the purpose of staging?

yes

> I would also like to be able to render the documents differently
> between authoring and review. Any thoughts on the best way to organise
> the relevent stylesheets??

you could pass the area as parameter to the stylesheets.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya