Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com> on 2011/09/08 23:19:01 UTC

PageMap Reuse

I'm using Wicket 1.4.18.

I'm having trouble moving between browser tabs in my application as I am
opening a duplicate tab.  Here is an example:
1.  The user starts on browser tab A via a mounted page (e.g.
www.mysite.com/MyApp/PageA)
2.  The user clicks on a bookmarkable link (with popup settings
including a PageMap name) to browser tab B.  The new browser tab opens
correctly.
3.  The user clicks on a bookmarkable link (with popup settings
including a PageMap name) to browser tab C.  The new browser tab opens
correctly.
4.  The user clicks on a bookmarkable link (with popup settings
including a PageMap name) to browser tab B.  The browser tab for B is
already open, so the user switches back to browser tab B.
5.  The user clicks on a bookmarkable link (with popup settings
including a PageMap name) to browser tab A.  A new browser tab A opens
when I want the user to be returned to the already open tab A.

Here is my mounting procedure:
mount(new QueryStringUrlCodingStrategey("PageA", PageA.class);

Also, AutomaticMultiWindowSupport is on.

--
Jered

Re: PageMap Reuse

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.
The first window's name is determined in WebPage.PageMapChecker, and cannot
be changed there. I'd probably just call
PopupSettings#setWindowName("wicket-wicket:default") whenever the pagemap
name is null. In lieue of a wicket-core patch, a custom PopupSettings
subclass that does this automatically would probably be helpful.

Re: PageMap Reuse

Posted by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>.

Re: PageMap Reuse

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: PageMap Reuse

Posted by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>.
It appears the initial window name is "wicket-wicket:default".  The
other tab windows match the PageMap name.  Thanks for the help!  I will
explore a way to manipulate the window name.

Re: PageMap Reuse

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.