Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org> on 2011/09/28 07:53:39 UTC

Playing with 1.3

I have a version of ESME online for experiments. There are several
messages. When I type one of the words from one of the messages into the
search bar, nothing is found. Is Compass actually wired in?

Thanks
Jack

Re: Playing with 1.3

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
I suppose I exist in lala-land; today, Compass is working fine. It
created its own file-based /compass-index and seems to be indexing.  The
present installation uses Derby.

Many thanks
Jack

Re: Playing with 1.3

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Playing with 1.3

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

It should be working, but it depends on your setup. I think by default
Compass uses the filesystem as its database, but if your app doesn't
have access to the file system then that will fail. For most shared
hosting deployments you'll probably want to use your database as the
Compass database, which involves creating a database and supplying the
username and password in a configuration file.

I think Dick has configuration for MySQL to run on CloudBees, and
there are lots of examples in the resources/props directory. You can
find them on SVN here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/esme/trunk/server/src/main/resources/props/

Does that help? If you continue having issues, can you post your
compass.cfg.xml file?

Cheers,
Ethan