Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marthen LT <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/17 09:02:34 UTC

tomcat mod_jk error log

hi all,

i have a live production server running tomcat & apache under linux.
but recently my cpu usage is being consumed by the mod_jk log file.
it keep logging and saying below warning/error messages:

[Fri Nov 16 15:02:13 2007]  [jk_ajp_common.c (819)]: ERROR: can't
receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat
is down. err=-1
[Fri Nov 16 15:02:13 2007]  [jk_ajp_common.c (717)]: Error
ajp13:cping: awaited reply cpong, not received
[Fri Nov 16 15:02:13 2007]  [jk_ajp_common.c (1026)]: Error sending
request try another pooled connection

what is happening?
i try to restart my tomcat also didn't give me a solution.

any help will be appreciated.
thank you.

Re: tomcat mod_jk error log

Posted by lanes <la...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Rainer,

Thanks a lot for quick response.
Let me try to follow your suggestion first.
I will update you later.
Again, thank you :)

Regards,
Martin

Re: tomcat mod_jk error log

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Martin,

lanes wrote:
> [...]

default, unless you are using an old hard-coded JkLogStampFormat).

> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
> Alias /testPortal /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/testPortal
> JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
> JkMount /*/servlet/ ajp13

OK, so you are not usiung ajp12 and inprocess workers (good) and you can
delete the respective config items in workers.properties.

Since you don't use the loadbalancer either, you can also delete those
lines (or instead replace "ajp13" in the JkMount by "loadbalancer").

> My tomcat version is 4.1.12

Oops, that's very outdated, and maybe here's the reason for the error
messages. It could very well be, that Cping/Cpong were invented after
4.1.12, so the Tomcat connector might not know about this protocol. If
you need to stick to 4.1, that version is still well maintaoined. Please

Regards,

Rainer

Re: tomcat mod_jk error log

Posted by lanes <la...@yahoo.com>.