Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alpharv <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2011/05/24 15:57:52 UTC

Network of brokers - reconnect network bridge

Hi.

We have a setup where we use "static" definitions to connect 2 brokers to a
central broker. Alle messages are going through these 2 brokers and are
boing forwarded to a single central broker.

That is from the 2 brokers we have a definitions saying uri="static:(tcp:
for the transport.

We have recently had a problem where the network connection was down between
the servers for several hours. normally the connection between the servers
is actomatically re-established - but this time this did not happen. We had
to restart one of the servers.

Question: Does the broker have a property or setting so that it does NOT try
to reconnect if reconnections have failed for some time?

Re: Network of brokers - reconnect network bridge

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

"static" protocol should try to reconnect indefinitely by default. It has
the similar functionality as failover transport and can be tuned with the
similar parameters (
http://activemq.apache.org/discovery-transport-reference.html)

You should enable debug logging on
"org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.simple" package and see if there's
any exception being thrown.

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Connect at CamelOne <http://camelone.com/> May 24-26