Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Yongjun Zhang <yz...@cloudera.com> on 2014/07/22 00:26:56 UTC

jenkins test already sent out email notification, but appear to be stuck

HI,

I saw this couple of times lately: A jenkins test job have finished running
test, updating the corresponding jira and sending out email notification.
However, the test report is not ready at the the link sent in the email,
and the console link shows that the job is still running.

I wonder if anyone saw the same problem and has insight into what's going
on.

e.g. email notification received says:

Test results:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/4335//testReport/
Console output:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/4335//console

Clicking on the testReport link sent me to

  https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/4335//

without test report, and Clicking on the console link sent me to:

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/4335/consoleFull

which shows the job is still running:

Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Archiving artifacts
Sending artifact delta relative to PreCommit-HADOOP-Build #4300
Archived 17 artifacts
Archive block size is 32768
Received 41 blocks and 7584340 bytes
Compression is 15.0%
Took 2.5 sec
Description set: HADOOP-10866
Recording test results
Publish JUnit test result report is waiting for a checkpoint on
PreCommit-HADOOP-Build #4334

  <== rotating circle indicating it's still running, maybe "waiting for a
checkpoint..."

I saw it will eventually get out of this state, but it takes very long time
(don't know how long). This symptom appears to be intermittent.

Thanks.

--Yongjun