Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Daga, Navin (Navin)" <nd...@avaya.com> on 2023/11/28 12:53:29 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: [External][users@httpd] Building 32-bit Apache-httpd

[External Sender]
I'm trying to build Apache httpd RPM from the source tarball as mentioned in https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html__;!!AlswS5g!hPpAO-PmC9HPc6uGtR5eLcqIZ2twYQwQ0TRfIatOKSNclmN-baFQ18z1ftHBWvQFjhAfkhLWcA$>
I need to generate 32 bit RPM. However, I could not find any documentation on how to build 32 bit version from the source.

Essentially, what options need to be provided to "configure" to build 32 bit httpd server?

Re: [users@httpd] RE: [External][users@httpd] Building 32-bit Apache-httpd

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 12:11 PM Daga, Navin (Navin) <nd...@avaya.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 9:19 AM Will Fatherley <we...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >> Any help on this? How to build 32-bit Apache httpd on a 64-bit server?
>
> I am unsure of recommended workarounds as I usually have my package
> manager build httpd directly from that OSs package index. That said, a
> container or VM might be a possibility.
>

> Does your distribution not provide 32 bit packages?
>
> >> No, Rocky Linux does not have a 32-bit package.

Might be worth looking at the srpm for CentOS 7 or earlier, there was a 32
bit ISO.

RE: [users@httpd] RE: [External][users@httpd] Building 32-bit Apache-httpd

Posted by "Daga, Navin (Navin)" <nd...@avaya.com>.

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.