Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Anshu Dureja <an...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/04 15:44:15 UTC

I want to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat without dropping tables in production database ?

Hello All,

I have an existing oracle database for jetspeed2 and now i want to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat server without intializing the production database.
   Is there anything similar to "maven quickStart"  which i can run after "maven allClean allBuild" to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat without deleting any data in production database?
  I have tried "maven jetspeed2:deploy.portal" but it is not working for me because i don't have "jetspeed.war" file in tomcat\webapps which gets copied into tomcat\webapps folder when i run "maven quickStart".

Please let me know if i can do that using anyother maven task.

Thanks in advance
Anshu

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [J2][VOTE] Consistent XML tag style usage for PSML and related documents

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1 for option 1.

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
+1 for option 1.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Scott T. Weaver wrote:

> +1 on option 1.
+1 option 1

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: [J2][VOTE] Consistent XML tag style usage for PSML and related documents

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
+1 on option 1.

Randy Watler wrote:

> J2 Dev Team:
>
> As part of adding resource security/permission checks to page and
> folder access in the PageManager, I am considering adding a new
> multi-word tag: <security-constraint/> to *.psml, *.link, *.ds, and
> folder.metadata documents. PSML documents typically use the
> <security-constraint/> tag name style, while the other content
> documents use the <securityConstraint/> style.
>
> Castor does offer the ability to accept both styles for primitive
> members, but is not similarly flexible for class mappings. Because
> Castor cannot uniformly support both styles, I am wondering which
> option the dev team would like me to follow:
>
> 1) Convert all documents to use a consistent style, namely
> <security-constraint/> to match the JSR-168 style.
> 2) Implement <security-constraint/> or <securityConstraint/> depending
> on the prevailing style of the document.
> 3) Implement only <security-constraint/> and ignore resulting mixed
> styles.
>
> Option 1 implies impact for anyone with a running J2 site, but if we
> are going to change this we need to do it before the M1 release IMO.
> Option 2 accommodates the existing style differences, but might be
> more confusing and/or difficult to document. IMO, Option 3 is just
> plain ugly, albeit easiest on me.
>
> I am willing to port the J2 demo site and my own implementation to
> achieve a consistent XML style, option 1. Opinions?
>
> Randy

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
* --------------------------------------  *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *

Re: [J2][VOTE] Consistent XML tag style usage for PSML and related documents

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@apache.org>.
Better be consistent from the beginning...

+1 on option 1

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
+1 for option 1.

Re: I want to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat without dropping tables in production database ?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Anshu Dureja wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have an existing oracle database for jetspeed2 and now i want to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat server without intializing the production database.
>    Is there anything similar to "maven quickStart"  which i can run after "maven allClean allBuild" to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat without deleting any data in production database?
>   I have tried "maven jetspeed2:deploy.portal" but it is not working for me because i don't have "jetspeed.war" file in tomcat\webapps which gets copied into tomcat\webapps folder when i run "maven quickStart".
>
> Please let me know if i can do that using anyother maven task.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Anshu

Depends what you want to re-deploy.
Is it the entire portal? portlet applications? a particular component jar?

In general, this builds the entire portal and components and sample
portlet applications:

maven allClean allBuild

then you can update the portal in a number of ways:

cd portal
cp target/jetspeed.war tomcat/webapps/
or
maven catalina:base-shared
or
maven catalina:shared

some of the components have a hotdeploy target (which stil requires
recycling Tomcat)

For portlet apps, just drop them in the deploy directory and they will
automatically redeploy

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software