Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2009/11/24 11:38:24 UTC

Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Hi all, hi Reinhard,

I see this on your website : "Cocoon 3 doesn't provide a stateful forms
framework." [1]

Does it mean that there will not have Cforms / Xforms solutions in Cocoon 3
?

And what about continuations (closely linked to forms no ?) ?

Thanks,
Have a good day

[1] : http://www.indoqa.com/en/people/reinhard.poetz/blog/625

Re: Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Florent André wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:26:27 +0100, Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> Florent André wrote:
>>> Hi all, hi Reinhard,
>>>
>>> I see this on your website : "Cocoon 3 doesn't provide a stateful forms
>>> framework." [1]
>>>
>>> Does it mean that there will not have Cforms / Xforms solutions in
> Cocoon
>>> 3
>>> ?>
>>> And what about continuations (closely linked to forms no ?) ?
>>
>> It's my *personal* opinion that currently Wicket offers the best
>> solution for Java-based web form development in most cases. Recently I
>> was convinced that there are some cases where cForms have advantages but
>> these are edge cases IMHO.
>
> Ok, thanks
> I just ask this question because I found Cform concept very "sexy", but I'm
> not as involved in for well see limitations...
>
> There is a simple way to integrate Wicket and Cocoon 3 ?
> If yes, could you give some pointers ? Add a sample in the future will be
> very useful for simple user like me, I think.

I've almost finished a first prototype and will commit it soon to SVN. I
will also start a discussion about it some time this week.

Re: Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
wrote:
> Florent André wrote:
>> Hi all, hi Reinhard,
>>
>> I see this on your website : "Cocoon 3 doesn't provide a stateful forms
>> framework." [1]
>>
>> Does it mean that there will not have Cforms / Xforms solutions in
Cocoon
>> 3
>> ?>
>> And what about continuations (closely linked to forms no ?) ?
>

> It's my *personal* opinion that currently Wicket offers the best
> solution for Java-based web form development in most cases. Recently I
> was convinced that there are some cases where cForms have advantages but
> these are edge cases IMHO.

Ok, thanks
I just ask this question because I found Cform concept very "sexy", but I'm
not as involved in for well see limitations...

There is a simple way to integrate Wicket and Cocoon 3 ?
If yes, could you give some pointers ? Add a sample in the future will be
very useful for simple user like me, I think.

++

Re: Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.

How about Dojo: http://dojotoolkit.org/

Re: Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Hi Reinhard (and others),
>
> Just curious which javascript clients you're using... I recently
> build a highly dynamic form with CForms (combination of repeater /
> case widgets) but I'm not entirely happy with the performance...
>
> So if you have any good leads to an open-source javascript library
> for handling advanced forms....that would be appreciated.  Personally
> I'm using YUI for most of my work but they haven't really put much
> effort into forms.

I'm a Mootools fan and have written an own integration layer that does
all the RESTful communication with the server running C3. Unfortunately
I can't publish it because all this stuff is too much tied with the
business logic and I don't have the time to split it up.

RE: Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Re: Cocoon 3 and Cforms

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.