Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2003/10/15 10:50:09 UTC

Re: TC5 & mozilla

Can anybody check out this issue for me quickly.

Tomcat5's form-based authentication does not work under SSL with a
Struts mapping, in Mozilla 1.5.

TC5 loops straight back to the login page again and again OR it gives me
an "invalid direct reference to j_security_check"

Without SSL it works fine.

Without a Struts mapping (i.e. straight to a JSP) it works fine.

Also in Internet Explorer it works fine.

I've bundled the necessary .jsp & .xml files in a war (including
struts.jar, so it's 0.85MB) so you can drop it in your webapps
directory. It uses the MemoryRealm with tomcat-users.xml, which should
be set up by default in your server.xml.

So basically login with tomcat/tomcat.

Here's the WAR:  http://www.cyberspaceroad.com/test.war

I'd right click it and select "save target as".

Thanks for the help. I haven't raised this with tomcat yet, I want to
make sure I'm not the only one first.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

Re: TC5 & mozilla

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 10/15/2003 10:50 AM Adam Hardy wrote:
> Can anybody check out this issue for me quickly.
>
> Tomcat5's form-based authentication does not work under SSL with a
> Struts mapping, in Mozilla 1.5.
>
> TC5 loops straight back to the login page again and again OR it gives me
> an "invalid direct reference to j_security_check"
>
> Without SSL it works fine.
>
> Without a Struts mapping (i.e. straight to a JSP) it works fine.

I just built in a login to a JSP to prove this point but now I find that
this doesn't work either. Strange since it did yesterday night. I've
obviously got too many loose ends here. I guess this exonerates Struts.