Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Keith Irwin <ke...@keithirwin.com> on 2003/12/31 20:03:24 UTC

Simple Cactus Question (I Hope)

Folks--

After running cactus:test, and assuming I get some failures, I can run
cactus:report to produce the cactus-report.xml.  So far so good.

How do I then turn that report into html so I can view the results in a
browser rather than, say, scrolling back through my console past lots of
ugly stack traces?

I know I can run site:generate, but that's an awful lot of processing
just to get at that one report.

I can't find anything about the site or cactus plugin pages.  Might
there be a plugin somewhere I can invoke to do the job?  Or should I
write a goal in maven.xml and use the ant stuff to do this?

Thanks!

Keith

RE: Simple Cactus Question (I Hope)

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Keith,

The Cactus plugin has moved back to the Cactus project. Thus you'll have
a better chance of getting fast answer on the Cactus user mailing list.

See my answer below

Running "maven xdoc" will make the transformation from xdoc to HTML. You
can also add the cactus plugin to the list of reports. Then running
"maven site" will make the transformation and add a link to the Cactus
report (note that "maven site" internally calls "maven xdoc".

> I know I can run site:generate, but that's an awful lot of processing
> just to get at that one report.

Yep. Running "maven xdoc" should help you.

> I can't find anything about the site or cactus plugin pages.  Might
> there be a plugin somewhere I can invoke to do the job?  Or should I
> write a goal in maven.xml and use the ant stuff to do this?
>
> Thanks!

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Keith,

The Cactus plugin has moved back to the Cactus project. Thus you'll have
a better chance of getting fast answer on the Cactus user mailing list.

See my answer below

Thanks
-Vincent