Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by shanmugampl <sh...@india.adventnet.com> on 2003/05/29 05:58:54 UTC

Reg: HttpSession

Hi,

   I have a requirement where i need to access some variables across
applications. I have my own class to store/retrieve the values. But for
this the user should use myClass.setAttribute();

   Instead i want the user to use normal session.setAttribute(). This
has to be done by extending the StandardSession and overriding the
get/set/remove Attribute methods. How can I configure tomcat to use the
extended StandardSession instead of the default StandardSession.

   The requirement is because we have a framework that can be used in an
application and across applications. In both the cases the user should
be using session.setAttribute alone. Internally the implementation
should alone change. Hope I am clear.

   Are there some other way by which i can achieve this functionality.

Thanks in Advance

Shanmugam PL