Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steve K <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2000/05/20 00:52:06 UTC

Cocoon and Jetspeed not getting along

Hey all --

I have both Cocoon 1.7.3 and Jetspeed 1.1 (which uses Cocoon) installed on the
same server (RedHat 6.2 / Apache 1.3.12 / JServ 1.1).  I have Cocoon installed
on the JServ that Apache is set to automatically start up and this works fine.
I set up a whole other instance of JServ that I start manually for Jetspeed and
this works fine as well.

When I manually start up the JServ for Jetspeed, the problems with Cocoon
begin.
When I hit a .xml document, sometimes I get just the source of the XML document
or sometimes I get an error from Cocoon saying it can't parse the document (it
looks like it is trying to parse the document twice).  If I send a HUP to
apache it seems to fix the problems -- but as soon as I request a page from
Jetspeed again it starts acting up.

I thought the problem might be some overlapping config files between the main
install of Cocoon and the Cocoon that Jetspeed uses but everything there seems
ok.  I did add the following to my httpd.conf file to have Cocoon ignore .xml
files in my /content directory which Jetspeed uses:

----

Action cocoon /cocoon/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
AddHandler cocoon xml

<Location /content>
        RemoveHandler xml
</Location>

----

And this appears to work as expected.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
-steve

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Cocoon and Jetspeed not getting along

Posted by Rafael Oropeza <ro...@eud.com>.
Did you try Jakarta Tomcat as servlet engine instead Jserv?. It sounds a little
bit freak, specially if you have a running up Jserv instalation. But when I tried
to install Cocoon + Jetspeed nothing really works fine until I installed Jakarta
Tomcat.

Steve K wrote:

> Hey all --
>
> I have both Cocoon 1.7.3 and Jetspeed 1.1 (which uses Cocoon) installed on the
> same server (RedHat 6.2 / Apache 1.3.12 / JServ 1.1).  I have Cocoon installed
> on the JServ that Apache is set to automatically start up and this works fine.
> I set up a whole other instance of JServ that I start manually for Jetspeed and
> this works fine as well.
>
> When I manually start up the JServ for Jetspeed, the problems with Cocoon
> begin.
> When I hit a .xml document, sometimes I get just the source of the XML document
> or sometimes I get an error from Cocoon saying it can't parse the document (it
> looks like it is trying to parse the document twice).  If I send a HUP to
> apache it seems to fix the problems -- but as soon as I request a page from
> Jetspeed again it starts acting up.
>
> I thought the problem might be some overlapping config files between the main
> install of Cocoon and the Cocoon that Jetspeed uses but everything there seems
> ok.  I did add the following to my httpd.conf file to have Cocoon ignore .xml
> files in my /content directory which Jetspeed uses:
>
> ----
>
> Action cocoon /cocoon/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
> AddHandler cocoon xml
>
> <Location /content>
>         RemoveHandler xml
> </Location>
>
> ----
>
> And this appears to work as expected.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> -steve

Rafael Alberto Oropeza Baudet

(26) Love is the only freedom in the world because it so elevates the spirit that
the laws of humanity and the phenomena of nature do not alter its course.
Kahlil Gibran