Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Lucas Toulouse <lu...@cozycloud.cc> on 2013/01/11 11:40:12 UTC

Status of 1.2.1 and 1.2.0

Hello.

I prepare a mail yesterday. And after seeing mails of mailing list this
morning, I modify my point of view.

I use (try) to deploy couchdb in our production server. I today in version
1.2.0. and have some troubles with replication

-> Is the 1.2.1 officially release this night, i'm right?

I'm oppose with 2 'bugs' or wrong conf, in my usage of couchdb.

First, I use one instance of couchdb in localhost as DB. And each night, i
would replicate changes to another instance of couch (in an other
server)(who listen from the internet).
I use _replicator (not continuous) to launch my replication.
Sometimes it work's, sometimes it's not. An error of timed out where
'new_edit=false' return 201 and the worker died.
It's looks like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1510.

My second problem is more networking.
The couch local listen local host, and the remote, the port 80/443 where
nginx negociate ssl(if 443) and redirect to the remote couch on port 5984
(server locally).

I launch the replication from the first couch in local with homemade script
using requests module of python (like curl so).
I success to create user, db,... trough https(443) and http(80).
But the replication working ONLY with http.
-> Is it look like to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1377   ?

So It's seems enhance in 1.2.1 according to JIRA. (and mails)

-> Is the update to 1.2.1 could fix this two issues ?
-> How to do that properly? (For uninstalling 1.2.0)

If anyone has an advice, i take it with humility.

Thank's.

Lucas

Re: Status of 1.2.1 and 1.2.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Thanks Lucas!

I am hoping someone else can step in here to talk you through the problems
you're experiencing.

--
NS

Re: Status of 1.2.1 and 1.2.0