Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pete <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/22 18:18:52 UTC

multiple operations on a message-style web service

Having read another post I understand to have multiple operations on a
message-style web service,
I need to specify operation and qname ?

I have tried adding a QName as suggested but still no luck.

My xml is

<service name="ReportProviderWebService" provider="java:MSG">
     <operation name="getSubmissions" qname="getSubmissions"
returnQName="retNS:SubmissionsResponse"
xmlns:retNS="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider"
returnType="rtns:>SubmissionsResponse"
xmlns:rtns="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider" >
       <parameter qname="pns:SubmissionsRequest"
xmlns:pns="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider"
type="tns:>SubmissionsRequest"
xmlns:tns="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider"/>
     </operation>
     <operation name="completeProcessing" qname="completeProcessing"
returnQName="retNS:CompleteProcessingResponse"
xmlns:retNS="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider"
returnType="rtns:>CompleteProcessingResponse"
xmlns:rtns="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider" >
       <parameter qname="pns:CompleteProcessingRequest"
xmlns:pns="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider"
type="tns:>CompleteProcessingRequest"
xmlns:tns="http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider"/>
     </operation>
     <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="completeProcessing
getSubmissions"/>
     <parameter name="className"
value="ir.ebar.pres.ws.ReportProviderWebService"/>
 </service>

I copied this section from the deploy.wsdd file (where it assumes java:RPC
is wanted) into my server-config.wsdd
under my own definition of the service as java:MSG

but now get an error like this when trying the URL to the WSDL
Fault - Attempted to write schema for bad QName (no namespace) :
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Attempted to write schema for bad QName (no namespace) :

and an error like this when using the web service

 <faultstring>Couldn't find an appropriate operation for XML QName
{http://www.hmrcaspire.com/ebars/ReportProvider}SubmissionsRequest</faultstr
ing>

I can't find it documented how to set the qnames  for a JAVA:msg style