Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com> on 2013/02/13 18:55:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Missing SVN attributes on ActiveMQ 5.7.0 tag

Hello All,

I have a procedural question.  I know that when source code is tagged, then
no further modifications can be made to that tagged branch.  This is to
protect the integrity of the code that was tested and released.  However,
is it still permissible to modify the Subversion meta-attributes on a
tagged branch?  Specifically, I want to add some svn:ignore attributes to
the activemq-leveldb/target folder and others.  These missing ignore
attributes *really* messes up my automated builds, because it looks like
there are modified files that need to be compiled when there really is not.

My proposition is that the addition of these Subversion attributes does not
constitute a material change to the product that was tagged and delivered.
 Therefore, I would like to add the missing svn:ignore attributes where
needed on the ActiveMQ 5.7.0 tagged branch.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim