Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Marc Speck <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/17 13:46:21 UTC

SlingWebDavServlet serves resource not only below /dav?

While testing a custom bundle, I found that the SlingWebDavServlet also
handles HTTP POST requests which are not below the root path (default
"/dav"). Is this expected or a bug?

To test this behavior, stop o.a.s.server.post bundle and send a POST
request. ResourceCollector.getServelts() finds the SlingWebDavServlet under
the path "/apps/sling/servlet/default". I've not found yet, how the root
path is checked for the WebDav servlet. Could you point to that?

You have also my vote if you want to rename
org.apache.sling.jcr.webdav.impl.servlets.SimpleWebdavServlet. "public class
SimpleWebDavServlet extends SimpleWebdavServlet" is not very readable and in
SlingWebDavServlet, there are SimpleWebDavServlet and SimpleWebdavServlet
that refer to different classes.

Marc

Re: SlingWebDavServlet serves resource not only below /dav?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Marc Speck <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While testing a custom bundle, I found that the SlingWebDavServlet also
> handles HTTP POST requests which are not below the root path (default
> "/dav"). Is this expected or a bug?...

I don't think that's expected, but is that really a problem?
I thought WebDAV would just ignore POST requests as it does not care
for that method.

-Bertrand