Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by olivier sallou <ol...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/19 20:21:05 UTC

How to get the list of all available fields in a (sharded) index

Hi,
I cannot find any info on how to get the list of current fields in an index
(possibly sharded). With dynamic fields, I cannot simply parse the schema to
know what field are available.
Is there any way to get it via a request (or easilly programmable) ? I know
information is available in one of the Lucene generated files, but I 'd like
to get it via a query for my whole index.

Thanks

Olivier

Re: How to get the list of all available fields in a (sharded) index

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I cannot find any info on how to get the list of current fields in an index
: (possibly sharded). With dynamic fields, I cannot simply parse the schema to

there isn't one -- the LukeRequestHandler can tell you what fields
*actually* exist in your index, but you'd have to query it on each shard
to know the full set of concrete fields in the entire distributed index.

-Hoss